At 8:30 PM on Saturday 26th March 2011 (local time), lights will switch off around the globe for Earth Hour and people will commit to actions that go beyond the hour.
With Earth Hour almost upon us, our thoughts are with the people of Japan during this incredibly challenging and sad time for their country.
This year, I will also participate for this action. I and the administrators of Programming Laboratory of ITS Informatics Engineering will turn off all electricity in our lab, including our server computers. Also we will have another activity instead.
You could also participate in Earth Hour movement this year. Whether you are an individual, a business, a school or a city, Earth Hour 2011 is your Earth Hour. And you can show your support for the planet in the following ways:
- Turning off your lights at 8.30PM on March 26 2011 wherever you are in the world and sign up to let us know you will be taking part.
- Run your own Earth Hour event, street or house party with friends and family. Add your event to our Global Meetup Map.
- Take Earth Hour beyond the Hour by taking action for the planet and telling us all about it.
- Tell the world through social media, or add our tools and downloads to your blogs and websites.
- Encourage your local government or community groups to run earth Hour in your region.
- Rally your office or business to get involved.
- Make a Lantern and send it your friends
Let’s take action in this movement. This Earth Hour we want you to go beyond the hour, so after the lights go back on think about what else you can do to make a difference. Together our actions add up.
Check Earth Hour Site for more information 🙂